Anybody in control of this group?

Michael Goffioul

Dec 1, 2023, 9:06:54 AM12/1/23
to android-webview-dev
The amount of spam originating from this group/list is laughable. Is there anybody in control who could make this stop?

This list was already a no man's land, now it's become a nuisance.

Thanks,
Michael.

Torne (Richard Coles)

Dec 1, 2023, 10:53:39 AM12/1/23
to Michael Goffioul, android-webview-dev
Apologies Michael - this does seem to have gotten significantly worse recently and we haven't been giving it the attention it needs. In the past week we've added some new group admins and set up filters to block some of the most commonly-occurring spam campaigns, and are working on updating the group settings to match other chromium.org mailing lists with better moderation policies.

Michael Goffioul

Dec 18, 2023, 2:10:18 PM12/18/23
to Torne (Richard Coles), android-webview-dev
I appreciate your answer, Richard. But so far, it doesn't seem like anything is being done. And if something was done, it didn't prove effective (more than 5000 emails sent over the last weekend).

Nate Fischer

Dec 18, 2023, 2:16:10 PM12/18/23
to Michael Goffioul, Torne (Richard Coles), android-webview-dev
I'll take over looking into this. We have some changes planned which will fix this, but I need a couple days to implement the changes. I'll announce the changes once implemented.

Thanks for your patience on this. We (the Android WebView team at Google) agree this is a problem we want to solve. It's unfortunate that the rise in email spam aligned with the time of year when we're the busiest working on engineering projects.

Nate Fischer | Software Engineer | ntf...@google.com