missing flash player

Showing 1-11 of 11 messages
missing flash player steph 6/5/12 4:17 PM
Hello,
How can I install flash player in Chrome OS. It's missing in plugins.
Thanks,
Stephan
Re: [cros-discuss] missing flash player Mike Frysinger 6/5/12 7:13 PM
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM, steph wrote:
How can I install flash player in Chrome OS. It's missing in plugins.

i'm guessing you mean ChromiumOS and not ChromeOS.  please consult the FAQ:
-mike
Re: missing flash player steph 6/6/12 2:17 AM
OK, I see. Thanks for the hint.
regards,
stephan
Re: missing flash player Gavin Justly 1/6/13 1:01 PM
Go to this site https://gist.github.com/3065781

It contains not only a script that will install it for you, but if you scroll down the page it will also tell you how to install it.

(ps this is not my work!)
Re: missing flash player Jon Temple 2/5/13 9:28 PM
im hoping this script just needs updating. ive run it, and it crashes. when checking chrome://plugins they are there, but none of them work if i go to youtube or something.
Re: missing flash player Jon Temple 2/5/13 9:47 PM
so i of course instantly found this: http://robertcoroianu.eu/chromium-os-enable-fash-player/2013/01/ which fixed flash, pdf, mp3, and mp4, but not java, gtalk, hangouts, or netflix (though i never expect netflix sadly).
Re: [cros-discuss] Re: missing flash player Steve Pirk 2/6/13 1:59 PM
Here is another github site that has instructions for most all of the plugins. It looks like the Google Talk/Hangout plugin install is called br3ker.sh
https://gist.github.com/dz0ny/3065781 - I just noticed this is the same site referenced above.

Re: [cros-discuss] Re: missing flash player Rik van der Veeken 2/6/13 10:40 PM
That doesn't work sadly enough. That is why i didn't include it in 'my' script. Java also didn't work, but is it working now?
Re: [cros-discuss] Re: missing flash player Jon Temple 2/6/13 11:27 PM
ive run all the commands in the script manually to install java. overwrote everything that already existed. still no java. "this plug-in is not supported." also i dont think "env-update" is a command for this, not sure what it does but it spits out "bash: env-update: command not found".
Re: missing flash player Toby Osborne 2/11/13 2:44 PM
Thx guys the scripts worked to install the plugins but flash crashes on and only on youtube anyone have a fix or the same problem?
Re: [cros-discuss] Re: missing flash player Steve Pirk 2/11/13 2:49 PM
I am not seeing issues on my Chromebook. You might want to try the html5 beta on YouTube. About 3/4 of the videos get converted.

Works pretty good.