Gallery System Error when uploading Extension

Showing 1-22 of 22 messages
Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Omar_Hawk 7/18/12 7:55 AM
Hi!

I'm getting the following error:
An error occurred: Gallery system error, please try again later.
whenever I try to upload my extension to the chrome webstore.

I am currently switching from an own hosted extension to the chrome webstore, so I uploaded my extension to the store, and published it to my testers. One of my testers told me, that there shouldn't be a "Google"-Specific word inside the AddOn name, so I tried to upload a new version with a changed name, which did not work (got stuck @ about 90% while uploading). Then, I simply unpublished my Extension and deleted it completely.
Then I tried to upload my AddOn again (with the changed name) and got the error above. Whenever I try to upload the new version of my Extension, it shows me that error. What should I do?

I followed the advice from here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/chromium-extensions/3vvygtEajMQ/qcA03E81jq8J on how to transfer the existing AddOn incl. key, maybe this has to do something with that (maybe, the key was not deleted, when the Extension itself was deleted?)...

This concerns Extension ID baphbmdmbobikapopnggboiopbinogeo

Yours sincerely,
Jan
Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Omar_Hawk 7/18/12 8:19 AM
Mh, I just found this post: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/chromium-apps/mSdnoZbr204
 - it seems as if I am not the only one with that issue...

I guess, someone from the google team needs to take care of it.
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension PhistucK 7/18/12 9:33 AM
Since you mentioned it - 90%? How big is your package? Note that packages are limited to 10 MB.

PhistucK

Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Omar_Hawk 7/18/12 9:45 AM
170kB. But I am quite sure, that this is not the reason, but the key file inside the extensions zip package is the reason (see the other linked thread, the guy there has exactly the same issue).

Unfortunately, I cannot simply leave the key file away, because then I won't be able to migrate my existing users (~3 - 4 thousand).
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Omar_Hawk 7/19/12 6:44 AM
So, one question comes into my mind:
Is someone from google reading here, or is it useless to ask here?

I know, that not even 24h have passed since my initial question, but it would be nice to know, if I can expect an answer here.

This issue is quite serious for me, because from mid August (when Chrome 21 will be released), I have no other (good) choice than hosting my extension in the webstore...

And, as I said, this problem does not only exist for me, but also for many others (who are waiting for even a longer time for an answer):
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/chromium-apps/mSdnoZbr204
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/chromium-apps/EYebtA5Bwcc
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8225314/how-to-re-upload-an-extension-with-a-deleted-extension-id

Would it be more helpful to create an issue in their bugtracker?
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Joe Marini 7/19/12 8:55 AM
Hi Omar,

Let me see if I can take a look at this.

-Joe

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/chromium-apps/-/wY6VoP6tMEcJ.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate / Chrome

Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Omar_Hawk 7/19/12 10:08 AM
Thanks already!
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension 123avd 7/20/12 2:21 PM
I think I have the same problem with my extension. I uploaded it once with the key.pem file and than removed it. When I try to upload a zip with the same key.pem again it fails with the 'An error occurred: Gallery system error, please try again later' error.

It would be nice if someone from Google could help us.
Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Thijs Suijten 7/23/12 7:43 AM
Hi, I've got the exact same problem.

I tried uploading the extension on different Google accounts but no luck I get the same error.

Op woensdag 18 juli 2012 16:55:16 UTC+2 schreef Omar_Hawk het volgende:
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Omar_Hawk 7/25/12 7:46 AM
Hi!

I let you some time to identify the problem and might fix it. Do you have some news for us? I just tried again and it still does not work.

The more time is going by, the more urgent this issue becomes! So: please hurry, mid-August is quite near!

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:55:32 PM UTC+2, Joe Marini wrote:
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Joe Marini 7/25/12 1:17 PM
We're looking at it now. Hold off on updating for the moment.

joe

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/chromium-apps/-/Sh8IH52rq0gJ.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate / Chrome

Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Alexi Vereschaga 7/25/12 9:02 PM
I got the exact same problem. Waiting for a fix.

Thanks,
-Alexi
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Fabian 7/26/12 11:01 AM

I am having the exact same problem now. Accidentally deleted the wrong draft (the one that had a key.pem and the correct appid) and now I can't reupload with key.pem to get the appid back. Please fix this soon, it is blocking us from publishing our extension.

Thanks,
Fabian
Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension 123avd 7/26/12 12:51 PM
I can use my extension ID again thanks to a developer on Google code who undeleted my extension. Maybe he is willing to help other people with this problem too?
This is the issue I created for Chromium on Google code: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=138706
Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Qian Huang 7/26/12 10:19 PM
The deleted item IDs must not be reused, so if you delete one item and reupload with the same private key, you will see problem. The easiest way is to remove the private key in the package and reupload as a new item, this way you will get a new item ID.

If you do need to reuse the same item ID for a strong business purpose, such as you have been distributing the item under that ID for a long time, please post your item ID and developer account email here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=138706, we may manually restore the item for you as an exception, meanwhile we will give clearer warning upon deletion and more specific error message for the duplicate upload case.

Hope this helps.
Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Thijs Suijten 7/26/12 11:12 PM
Hi,

I also posted my extension ID and developer account email at Issue 138706. I hope you can undelete my extension.

Op vrijdag 27 juli 2012 07:19:04 UTC+2 schreef Qian Huang het volgende:
Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Fabian 7/27/12 11:38 AM
I have updated the mentioned issue as well, since we are in desperate need for a resolution. We are not able to remove the private key, because we must migrate our users using the same ID under which the app was distributed for several months from our own servers.

Regards,
Fabian
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Omar_Hawk 7/27/12 12:57 PM
Ok, just to give a feedback: My Extension got undeleted, and now I can edit my extension again. Thanks!

But google might consider finding a general solution: doing all this stuff manually is not nice for the extension developers (they have to wait quite a long time) and also not for you "support" guys, who have the extra effort for undeleting all those half-deleted extensions...
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Joe Marini 7/30/12 9:49 AM
We've updated the developer dashboard to be more clear about deleting the extension, and we are looking at additional ways to help prevent this from happening.

Joe

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/chromium-apps/-/gEcwcGwkrWEJ.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate / Chrome

Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Q 10/2/12 10:17 AM
Dear Joe,

We hope it's not late to restore bhmabgbfgopgdmnibdpgnjgehimendjk ... It would be a significative loss for us! We've already annotated this at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=138706

Many, many thanks!
Re: [cws-apps] Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Joe Marini 10/2/12 10:23 AM
Let me see. Hang on.

Joe

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/chromium-apps/-/lWHRveYjWJAJ.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate / Chrome

Re: Gallery System Error when uploading Extension Ron Gross 11/23/12 2:28 AM
I'm having the same issue for the past 7 hours.

Trying to upload this file: https://github.com/ripper234/explainxkcd/blob/master/releases/0.2.zip to the store, and I keep getting

Gallery system error, please try again later.

Should I open a new thread?
More topics »