Google Groups

Re: [cros-dev] Re: Upstreaming emerge improvements (was: Goodbye Frankenbuild: New workflow for correct incremental builds)

Tien-Ren Chen Aug 16, 2010 7:12 AM
Posted in group: Chromium OS dev
I just shared two documents with all recipient in this thread.
I planned to first reply to this thread to explain the purpose of that
two documents,
but I checked to send notification by accident. *ouch*

The document titled "Cross-compile EAPI draft" is to document the
proposed HDEPEND EAPI draft,
and added some possible required variables for proper supporting
cross-compiling.
Correction and comments are welcome, all of you in the CC list have
edit permission to it.

The other document titled "cross-compile troubles" describe the
trouble I met while hacking with Paludis.
Some of the problems are already properly fixed in the current
portage-based build flow that I'm just repeating the same fix with
Paludis,
while some of the problems are real problems that is hidden by
implementation-defined behavior of portage (for example, order of
merging package) or other toolchain, those packages should be fixed
properly for better deterministic behavior.
This document is more like a personal note. I'm trying to make it more
complete to document all the fix we did for cross-compile,
so it gives a better picture for new people to hack on our build
system, and also helps us to design the PMS to be more cross-compile
friendly.
Again, any correction and comments are welcome.