Google Groups

Re: [cros-dev] Re: Upstreaming emerge improvements (was: Goodbye Frankenbuild: New workflow for correct incremental builds)

Anush Elangovan Aug 3, 2010 9:14 AM
Posted in group: Chromium OS dev
    Zac the upstream portage maintainer and other Gentoo devs hang out on #chromium-os IRC and are very helpful if you have any questions on the internals of portage.

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Tien-Ren Chen <> wrote:
The patch works much like the one given in #317337, and I think the
one in #317337 looks more complete.
however #317337 is marked as duplicate of #201499 [1].
In the #201499 thread they actually made a nice proposal to introduce
a new dependency system that uses dependency labels [2].
I'm currently planning on implementing it since it looks to be the
preferred draft EAPI.

What I'm concerning is that I don't have the confidence I'm able to
hack portage to support the new system.
The dependency handling code in portage uses complicated algorithm and
is lack of document.
I'm turning to paludis to see if it's easier to be modified to fit our purpose.