Google Groups

Re: [chromium-dev] Static analysis

Rachel Blum Dec 28, 2011 3:22 PM
Posted in group: Chromium-dev
/analyze is a great tool - if you happen to have an X360 compiler.
AFAIK, on the PC you need to buy the high-end version of Visual
Studio, which ends up costing several thousand dollars per seat....

Besides Coverity, we run a clang plugin for style violations, and you
can run the clang analyzer yourself: (I don't
know why we don't run it regularly, but I'd assume it's the false
positive management. Also, on the Mac, I haven't had luck getting it
to run yet. Fails to build a local clang, for some reason. If you know
why or can figure out how to make it go, please update the wiki page

The guys who make PVS Studio occasionally run it over Chromium and
share some of their findings, but that's it in terms of analysis I'm
aware of.