Google Groups

Re: [blink-dev] Oilpan - experimenting with a garbage collected heap for the DOM

Dimitri Glazkov Apr 30, 2013 1:04 PM
Posted in group: blink-dev

Best code name ever.

On Apr 30, 2013 11:39 AM, "Chris Palmer" <> wrote:
Security team is also excited. :) Excellent!

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Elliott Sprehn <> wrote:

This is super exciting work. Thanks for the heads up!

- E

On Apr 30, 2013 3:37 AM, "Mads Sig Ager" <> wrote:
Hi all,

we have create a branch called oilpan to perform experiments with putting DOM nodes in a garbage collected heap. The work is exploratory and experimental at this point and we are not planning on merging this branch back to the main tree. Therefore, feel free to ignore review emails with the [oilpan] prefix (unless you are interested in the experiments of course).

If our experiments look promising we will provide design docs as usual before landing anything in the main tree. For now we need to carry out some experiments to come up with a design that we believe will work.

Cheers,    -- Mads