Re: [Pywebsocket PerformanceTests] Add blink_perf.pywebsocket (issue 736653002 by hiroshige@chromium.org)

hiro...@chromium.org

Jul 30, 2015, 1:29:07 AM7/30/15
to sull...@chromium.org, nedn...@google.com, aio...@chromium.org, chromium...@chromium.org, telemet...@chromium.org
Sorry for delay.

I fixed the problem on Android in Patch Set 13, and rebased in Patch Set 14.

Now this CL works on:
Linux, Mac, Android
(Not sure on CrOS because there is no CrOS trybot)

But it doesn't work on Windows (works well locally, timeout on trybots).

How about landing Patch Set 14 + disabling the test on Windows?
If this is fine, then I'll create a crbug entry and update the CL.

https://codereview.chromium.org/736653002/diff/280001/tools/perf/benchmarks/blink_perf.py
File tools/perf/benchmarks/blink_perf.py (right):

https://codereview.chromium.org/736653002/diff/280001/tools/perf/benchmarks/blink_perf.py#newcode139
tools/perf/benchmarks/blink_perf.py:139:
platform_module.GetHostPlatform().StartLocalServer(
This was because on Android platform.GetPlatformForDevice(device,
finder_options) should be used instead of
platform_module.GetHostPlatform() on Desktop.
In Patch Set 13, I use SharedPageState.platform (which obtains platform
via browser) and this works on Android.

https://codereview.chromium.org/736653002/

hiro...@chromium.org

Jul 30, 2015, 1:34:17 AM7/30/15
to sull...@chromium.org, nedn...@google.com, aio...@chromium.org, chromium...@chromium.org, telemet...@chromium.org
FYI

Test results on Windows trybots:
https://codereview.chromium.org/1268523005/#ps1

They timed out after 1-hour time limit.
The test seems to hang after ServeForever() in pywebsocket_server.py is
executed
and before any test is executed.

https://codereview.chromium.org/736653002/

nedn...@google.com

Jul 30, 2015, 11:17:25 AM7/30/15
to hiro...@chromium.org, sull...@chromium.org, aio...@chromium.org, cy...@google.com, chromium...@chromium.org, telemet...@chromium.org
lgtm

I think you want to disable the test on both Windows & cros.

Also please take time to review our new policy about adding benchmark here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bBKyYCW3VlUUPDpQE4xvrMFdA6tovQMZoqO9KCcmqqQ/edit

https://codereview.chromium.org/736653002/