Playing video on Chromebook's Chrome broweser through a file Path

michae...@intel.com

Aug 23, 2016, 12:56:53 PM8/23/16
to telemetry
Hi All,

I am currently trying to use telemetry to grab performance value while playing a .mp4 file through the chrome browser on a Chromebook. When giving the path to the .mp4 file, instead of playing it on the browser it downloads the video instead. I've heard from my colleague that in the older version it used to play the video, and providing the path to the mp4 on my chrome browser plays the video.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to get a video playing on the chrome browser?

Thanks,

Michael Cheng

rne...@google.com

Sep 12, 2016, 4:16:23 PM9/12/16
to telemetry, michae...@intel.com
The tough_video_cases would be a good place to look at. I ran it with ./run_benchmark --browser=system media.tough_video_cases --story-filter=crowd1080.mp4 so that it would only play the one mp4 video, and it played the video as expected.

The page set for the benchmark can be found here:
https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/tools/perf/page_sets/tough_video_cases.py?q=tough_video_cases.py&sq=package:chromium&l=1

I do not have a chromebook to test on locally however, so have not been able to try there.

If the above run_benchmark command does not work as expected, I think there is something wrong since we should expect all platforms to work the same way when dealing with open pages.