how to run page_cycler_v2.typical_25 in loading.desktop?

hong....@intel.com

May 16, 2017, 6:04:02 AM5/16/17
to telemetry
I know loading.desktop benchmark is landed. Have page_cycler_v2.* benchmarks been merged into loading.desktop benchmark? If yes, could you tell me how to run typical_25 in loading.desktop? Thanks in advance.

Ned

May 16, 2017, 8:44:56 AM5/16/17
to hong....@intel.com, rne...@google.com, char...@google.com, telemetry
On May 16, 2017 6:04 AM, <hong....@intel.com> wrote:
I know loading.desktop benchmark is landed. Have page_cycler_v2.* benchmarks been merged into loading.desktop benchmark? If yes, could you tell me how to run typical_25 in loading.desktop? Thanks in advance.

Randy Nephew

May 16, 2017, 5:48:52 PM5/16/17
to Ned, hong....@intel.com, Charlie Andrews, telemetry
The new pageset doesn't have a direct copy of the typical_25 from the old page set (the loading-dev team helped pick the stories we moved over, so we feel confident that no coverage was lost). The closest we have to that is 20 stories in the new story set with tag 'typical'. To run just those pages, you can use the command line along with any other command line options you'd like:
./run_benchmark  --story-tag-filter=typical loading.desktop

The page set contains several tags that closely breaks them up into the old page_cycler_v2 benchmarks:
  ['international', 'typical', 'intl_ko_th_vi', 'intl_ja_zh', 'intl_hi_ru', 'intl_es_fr_pt_BR', 'intl_ar_fa_he']

Zheng, Hong

May 16, 2017, 6:22:15 PM5/16/17
to Randy Nephew, Ned, Charlie Andrews, telemetry

Thanks for your response. Because we are doing some work with page_cycler_v2, could you tell me when it will be shut down?

Thanks

Hong

Charlie Andrews

May 17, 2017, 10:45:46 AM5/17/17
to Zheng, Hong, Randy Nephew, Ned, telemetry
Could you elaborate on what type of work you're doing with page_cycler_v2?

Charlie Andrews | Software Engineer | char...@google.com