What stand for CommitCharge in Page_Cycler? Why the benchmarks use this instead of PSS and RSS?

chisoo...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2017, 5:27:13 AM3/3/17
to telemetry
Hello.
I ran a page_cycler benchmark in Telemetry, and the results showed some improvement of 'CommitChage' number which looks like related to memory.

I have some question on commitCharge and the test results. If you know about the questions, please let me know :)

- What CommitCharge stand for exactly and why do we use this for page cycler benchmarks?
- Why the benchmark(page cycler) doesn't use PSS and RSS to measure Mem. usages?

Thanks!

Ned

Mar 3, 2017, 6:32:30 AM3/3/17
to chisoo...@gmail.com, telemetry, per...@google.com
+Juan Antonio Navarro Pérez

It seems like you're using an old version of page_cycler benchmark. In the TOT version (in https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/tools/perf/benchmarks/page_cycler_v2.py), we no longer output memory related metrics in page_cycler benchmark.