Writing a telemetry benchmark

Devin Mullins

Nov 1, 2016, 8:45:56 PM11/1/16
to tele...@chromium.org
Hi telemetry,

I'm trying to write a one-off telemetry benchmark for the memory usage of PrecacheLauncher. This would not launch the app activity but instead start a background service.

First, I'm just trying to run existing telemetry tests on my Android phone. When I `tools/perf/run_benchmark run memory.top_10_mobile`, I get:

ClockSyncResponseException: Tracing is not started
ChromeClockSyncError: Failed to issue clock sync to devtools client

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Devin

Nat Duca

Nov 2, 2016, 12:58:59 PM11/2/16
to Devin Mullins, telemetry, Annie Sullivan
Hi Devin -

Maybe you could set up a VC with myself and sullivan so we can understand the context of your request a bit better before we get into the technical details?

- Nat

Devin Mullins

Nov 2, 2016, 1:29:08 PM11/2/16
to Nat Duca, Devin Mullins, telemetry, Annie Sullivan
OK, done.