Create har file from telemetry

Jamshed Vesuna

Apr 10, 2015, 12:17:34 AM4/10/15
to tele...@chromium.org
Hi all,

I am using telemetry to run some benchmarks on a tablet via a NUC that records the page load times of certain web pages. Is it possible to generate a .har file from a website via telemetry? Or, is there another way to retrieve the .har file from a tablet?

Thanks,
Jamshed Vesuna

Ned Nguyen

Apr 10, 2015, 9:23:27 PM4/10/15
to tele...@chromium.org, erik...@chromium.org
There is a proposal to switch web-page-replay to store & read the wpr archive as har file instead of using pickle. But we haven't done it yet.

Jamshed Vesuna

Apr 10, 2015, 9:43:13 PM4/10/15
to Ned Nguyen, telemetry, erik...@chromium.org
Hi Ned,

Thanks for your quick response! This seems like a viable idea. For now, I just wrote a quick script to pull the fields I need out of a wpr file and into a har file.

Jamshed Vesuna