need help in simulating a performance issue

SRIRAMA CHANDRA SEKHAR MOGALI

Feb 9, 2015, 9:03:35 AM2/9/15
to tele...@chromium.org

Hi

I have been working on https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=448092 and trying hard to simulate the issue locally, but with no success.

This issue is related to nexus4 performance bot failure.

I have tried with the following command but I am getting "cloud storage" access permission error. Please refer the comments #24 to #28

./tools/perf/run_benchmark -v media.android.tough_video_cases  --browser=android-chrome-shell

Please help me in simulating the issue locally so that I can make a progress on the issue.

Regards,

Sriram

201502091935810_XOK0LK7C.gif

Annie Sullivan

Feb 9, 2015, 9:51:29 AM2/9/15
to srir...@samsung.com, telemetry, Kari Christianson
+aiolos

Kari, should Sriram have permission for the media.android.tough_video_cases bucket?

Sriram, one thing you can try is running this on the performance try bots. You can enable the test locally, add anything you think would help to the logs, and then run:

tools/perf/run_benchmark -v --browser=trybot-android-nexus4 media.android.tough_video_cases

You can also add the flag  --profiler=android-screen-recorder to get a screen capture of the run.

Kari Christianson

Feb 9, 2015, 11:51:38 AM2/9/15
to Annie Sullivan, Shadi Khalek, srir...@samsung.com, telemetry
+shadi

That pageset is internal-only. So no, Sriram won't be able to run it locally.

Shadi, can we move the videos for this to the partner bucket instead?

Cheers,
Kari

SRIRAMA CHANDRA SEKHAR MOGALI

Feb 10, 2015, 2:50:13 AM2/10/15
to Kari Christianson, Annie Sullivan, Shadi Khalek, telemetry

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the quick response.

I have tried the command tools/perf/run_benchmark -v --browser=trybot-android-nexus4 media.android.tough_video_cases

locally but I get the same permission error, it tries to download the test file from server.

How do I enable the test locally?

I saw the /src/tools/perf/benchmarks/media.py file and it is already enabled

@benchmark.Enabled('android')
@benchmark.Disabled('l', 'android-webview') # WebView: crbug.com/419689
class MediaAndroid(benchmark.Benchmark):
  """Obtains media metrics for key user scenarios on Android."""
  test = media.Media
  tag = 'android'
  page_set = page_sets.ToughVideoCasesPageSet
Is there anything else I need to do to avoid fetching the test file from server?

Feb 10, 2015, 4:40:40 PM2/10/15
to srirama chandra sekhar, Kari Christianson, Shadi Khalek, telemetry, Prabhu Rajendran
+prabuhr, who owns some of the media tests.

Prabhu, is it possible to move this test to the partner bucket so that Sriram can debug?

Kari Christianson

Feb 10, 2015, 5:37:50 PM2/10/15
to Annie Sullivan, ana...@chromium.org, srirama chandra sekhar, Shadi Khalek, telemetry, Prabhu Rajendran
+anandc who checked in the internal files a year ago.

The garden2_10s* files are the ones that caused it to be internal only, if that helps with context.

Cheers,
Kari

Prabhu Rajendran

Feb 10, 2015, 5:55:35 PM2/10/15
to Kari Christianson, Annie Sullivan, ana...@chromium.org, srirama chandra sekhar, Shadi Khalek, telemetry
Seems like almost all files under tough_video_cases are uploaded to gs://chrome_telemetry.
Few questions:
1) I'm not sure if these files are share-able ? Who can confirm if these are share-able ?
2) Would uploading these to gs://chromium_telemetry give access to sriram ? If uploaded (& sha digest updated locally) would the perf tool pick it up automatically from the new location ?

Thanks
Prabhu

Kari Christianson

Feb 10, 2015, 6:00:48 PM2/10/15
to Prabhu Rajendran, Annie Sullivan, ana...@chromium.org, srirama chandra sekhar, Shadi Khalek, telemetry
On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Prabhu Rajendran <pra...@google.com> wrote:
Seems like almost all files under tough_video_cases are uploaded to gs://chrome_telemetry.
Few questions:
1) I'm not sure if these files are share-able ? Who can confirm if these are share-able ?

This is the question that we need answered.

2) Would uploading these to gs://chromium_telemetry give access to sriram ? If uploaded (& sha digest updated locally) would the perf tool pick it up automatically from the new location ?

We would also have to change the bucket parameter in the page_set, but that's an easy one line change. We wouldn't even need to re-record them or update the sha file. I'd just have to move which bucket it's in, which can be done via command line.

Prabhu Rajendran

Feb 10, 2015, 6:27:45 PM2/10/15
to Kari Christianson, Frank Barchard, Annie Sullivan, ana...@chromium.org, srirama chandra sekhar, Shadi Khalek, telemetry
+frank.

Frank, hope you can help us out - assuming you created these files (let us know if that is not the case).
Sriram from Samsung is trying to run media perf tests to debug an issue and he needs access to some of our media files.
Is there any reason these files cannot be shared outside Google ? The files under question are under https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/tools/perf/page_sets/tough_video_cases

Prabhu Rajendran

Feb 11, 2015, 2:23:40 PM2/11/15
to Kari Christianson, Frank Barchard, videostack-eng, Annie Sullivan, ana...@chromium.org, srirama chandra sekhar, Shadi Khalek, telemetry
+videostack-eng to see if someone knows the history of these media files.

Prabhu