Running Benchmark page_cycler

Jamshed Vesuna

Mar 13, 2015, 12:48:20 AM3/13/15
to tele...@chromium.org
Hi,

I'm somewhat new to this code base and am trying to record the page load time on a custom page_set. I noticed that page_cycler seems to record this metric, but it does not appear in the list of available benchmarks. Is there a way to extract the page load time out of page_cycler and run this as a custom benchmark?

Thank you

Annie Sullivan

Mar 13, 2015, 9:41:54 AM3/13/15
to Jamshed Vesuna, telemetry
I'm not quite sure what you mean by custom benchmark, but it seems like the simplest way to make a new benchmark is just to make a class very similar to _PageCycler in tools/perf/benchmarks/page_cycler.py that also uses the page_cycler.PageCycler measurement from tools/perf/measurements/page_cycler.py

Jamshed Vesuna

Mar 13, 2015, 12:13:47 PM3/13/15
to Annie Sullivan, telemetry
Thanks for your quick reply. I have a custom page_set in tools/perf/page_sets/ that I'd like to use (not sure if this is related to a benchmark).
Also, what is the proper way to run the page_cycler benchmark?

Thanks again

Jamshed Vesuna

Dave Tu

Mar 13, 2015, 1:01:43 PM3/13/15
to Jamshed Vesuna, Annie Sullivan, telemetry
You should create a Benchmark class in tools/perf/benchmarks/page_cycler.py that uses your custom page set, and then run your newly created benchmark.

Jamshed Vesuna

Mar 28, 2015, 10:36:59 PM3/28/15
to Dave Tu, Annie Sullivan, telemetry
I am having some trouble running any of the benchmarks in page_cycler. Run_benchmark recognizes other benchmarks except page_cycler. Its path looks like its pointing in the right place. Is there something special I need to do for page_cycler?

Jamshed Vesuna