Status of FileSystem API?

John Abd-El-Malek

Oct 20, 2017, 10:49:02 AM10/20/17
to storage-dev
I've heard it is or will be deprecated?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if I need to add support for POSTs with filesystem urls? I added support for blobs in https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/721241, and I'd like to complete all the different types of data that can be uploaded. However if FileSystem is something that is going away soon, then I'd be happy to skip it.

One weird thing is it looks like we may not have tests for this case? i.e. I added a CHECK(false) in upload_data_stream_builder.cc when it encounters TYPE_FILE_ILESYSTEM in https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/728339 and ran linux trybot but it was green?

Thanks

Zelidrag Hornung

Oct 20, 2017, 10:55:19 AM10/20/17
to John Abd-El-Malek, Chrome OS File Manager, storage-dev
Who is driving deprecation plans here? We are heavily using it in CrOS file manager .

Zelidrag Hornung

Oct 20, 2017, 10:56:39 AM10/20/17
to John Abd-El-Malek, Files App, storage-dev

Jochen Eisinger

Oct 20, 2017, 11:04:42 AM10/20/17
to Zelidrag Hornung, John Abd-El-Malek, stora...@chromium.org

Please don't mix public and internal mailing lists.

John Abd-El-Malek

Oct 20, 2017, 11:19:07 AM10/20/17
to Jochen Eisinger, Zelidrag Hornung, storage-dev
Thanks for the pointers. Since it's used by ChromeOS and offlist it was pointed out that it has heavy usage by big sites, I'll add support to network service to it.