Re: [chromium-discuss] Can bring Chrome 49's https pages icon behavior back to Chrome 50 ?

PhistucK

Apr 25, 2016, 2:38:57 PM4/25/16
to wande...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss, security-dev
Like you mentioned, the vast majority of users do not understand (or view, or click on the padlock) those details. I guess most of those who care about those details, are developers and are familiar with the Developer Tools. It contains more information than the bubble (at least after reloading the page).

I agree that it is too bad that information that used to exist in the bubble up front is no longer available without more clicking (a click on "Details" and another click on the domain). I do not remember whether this is going to change (adding security-dev to the discussion).

PhistucK

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Jianqiang Wang <wande...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don’t like the new change within Chrome 50  when trying to view the type of HTTPS being used on the page. No details are given about if the page is using AES-GCM or AES-CBC as Chrome 49 and older used to. It was simple and it worked, why change it? The same goes for the key exchange mechanism, it’s no longer visible either.

Expanding the Details section of the HTTPS icon doesn’t provide any more technical details. I can view the certificate used to secure the connection but why should I have to when Chrome 49 displayed the details easily and quickly?

I realize not everyone cares for the technical details to be shown but at least please have the option to re-display them rather than remove them.

Can provide a means of re-enabling the older behavior? Thanks for your time.

Chris Palmer

Apr 25, 2016, 2:49:48 PM4/25/16
to PhistucK, lga...@chromium.org, Emily Stark, wande...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss, security-dev
+lgarron and estark explicitly