PCI DSS 3.1 compliance

james.j...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2015, 12:00:26 AM10/29/15
to Security-dev
hi..

This may well be a FAQ, but is BoringSSL intended to be the mechanism used to support DSS 3.1 in Google Chrome? My understanding, from articles like this https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/205043158-PCI-3-1-and-TLS-1-2 , is that it should be ok as long as TLS 1.2 or later is used.

thanks!

Yuhong Bao

Oct 29, 2015, 8:36:46 PM10/29/15
to Security-dev, james.j...@gmail.com
Most of the major TLS stacks has supported TLS 1.2 for at least a few years now.

james.j...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2015, 11:12:49 PM10/29/15
to Security-dev, james.j...@gmail.com
thanks, yes - i'm building with TLS 1.2 now. Perhaps the question is difficult to answer since it deals with strategy internal to Google. I don't anticipate any problems if BoringSSL continues to power Chromium.