Chrome_Elf usage question

Joe Downing (Chromium)

Mar 12, 2018, 12:17:19 PM3/12/18
to securi...@chromium.org
Hi!

I work on Chrome Remote Desktop which is built and released from the Chromium repo.  We recently started using a DirectX based capturer on our host machines and since then we've seen an increase in crashes in our process from third party DLLs (action_x86.dll, wslbscr32.dll).

I am looking for a way to prevent these DLLs from being loaded into our process and I ran across the chrome_elf directory which I think does exactly what I want.

I didn't see a README in the directory or a usage doc so I wanted to reach out to see if this code was only meant for browser code or if we could also pull it in and give it a try.

Thanks!
Joe

Chris Palmer

Mar 21, 2018, 9:15:40 PM3/21/18
to Joe Downing (Chromium), Penny MacNeil, security-dev
+pennymac