New flag required for testing on http://

Evan Stade

Dec 19, 2013, 2:12:47 PM12/19/13
to requestautocomplete
Hi all,

As of Chrome r241364, a new flag is required to run requestAutocomplete on insecure pages such as http:// [1]. This change is effective to trunk builds immediately, and will apply to M33 dev/beta/stable as those releases roll out.

See http://crbug.com/272512 for more context.

-- Evan Stade

[1] --reduce-security-for-testing

Laurent Perez

Dec 26, 2013, 5:19:38 AM12/26/13
to requestau...@chromium.org
Hi

I'm testing requestAutocomplete on Chrome 32.0.1700.58, android beta. I'm facing two blocking points.

1- when the page is in clear text, displaying any cc-* input will immediately trigger an autocompleteerror, event.reason of "cancel". It's ok for me, but I see no warning telling me the connection is insecure.
2- when the page is in https://, with a self signed cert, now all inputs even non cc-* ones trigger an autocompleteerror, event.reason of "disabled". I see no way of adding my self signed cert as trusted under Chrome 32 Settings page.

How do you pass the --reduce-security-for-testing flag when running on Android ?

thanks
laurent

Evan Stade

Dec 30, 2013, 5:36:06 PM12/30/13
to Laurent Perez, Ruslan Abdikeev, requestautocomplete
Unfortunately, there's a bit of a discrepancy between Android and desktop. My previous comment applied to desktop Chrome. Android Chrome blocks requestAutocomplete on all http or cross-origin frames. We'll work on fixing this.

wrt your second question, +aruslan might be able to help.

-- Evan Stade