Re: Unable to integrate "Pepper Flash" successfully into the Chromium 58.0.2991.0 (64-bit).

Shiladkumar Devaramani

Feb 6, 2017, 3:30:11 AM2/6/17
to peppe...@chromium.org
Hi,

Good morning,

I have integrated Pepper Flash, by it's not working. I followed the steps which I use to follow earlier for integrating the Pepper flash, but it's not working.

Steps followed:

1. Included Pepper Flash version number in flapper_version.h

#ifndef FLAPPER_VERSION_H_INCLUDED_
#define FLAPPER_VERSION_H_INCLUDED_

#define FLAPPER_AVAILABLE
#define FLAPPER_VERSION_STRING "23.0.0.207"

2. In chrome.release file added below lines.

# Pepper Flash sub-dir.
#
PepperFlash\manifest.json: %(VersionDir)s\PepperFlash\
PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll: %(VersionDir)s\PepperFlash\
#

3, Placed the Pepper flash related files inside the src/out/my_build/PepperFlash directory.

Looking forward for your kind help.

Thanks in advance.

Inline image 2
--
Thanks & Regards
 Shiladkumar D

Raymes Khoury

Feb 6, 2017, 7:46:13 PM2/6/17
to Shiladkumar Devaramani, peppe...@chromium.org
Without digging into the code I'm not sure how to get Flash working as you want with Chrome. But you may want to try using the command line flag for loading flash:
--ppapi-flash-path="C:\path\to\pepflashplayer.dll"

Shiladkumar Devaramani

Feb 7, 2017, 5:42:37 AM2/7/17
to Raymes Khoury, peppe...@chromium.org
Dear Raymes Khoury,

Thanks for your kind help. I would like to integrate the Pepper Flash in the Chromium code and would like to run a build, so any pointers for to do the same.

Thank you soo much.