Prototyping Mojo support in Pepper plugins.

Justin TerAvest

Sep 15, 2014, 12:22:14 PM9/15/14
to mojo...@chromium.org, ncb...@chromium.org, peppe...@chromium.org
Greetings mojoers,

I'd like for Pepper plugins to be able to use Mojo services, so we can move new
API work to Mojo instead of expanding the Pepper API surface. I think it'd be
best to expose a function that supplies a MojoHandle to the plugin so that we
don't have to provide Pepper wrappers for every Mojo API.

It sounds like Mojo connections have to be established in the browser process,
given the discussion in [1].

My current idea right now is to have a plugin process send the browser
process a message over Chrome IPC, and have the browser establish a
browser-plugin Mojo connection. The plugin would receieve a
mojo::PlatformHandle, which it could wrap into a MojoHandle. That MojoHandle
could be then used by the plugin, like the "shell_handle" that's passed to
MojoMain.

Some work still remains for inteacting with the NaCl sandbox, but I'm
trying to get the basic pieces together.

Does this sound sane?

Thanks,
Justin

[1] https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/topic/mojo-dev/Kg-YAxFCFuw/discussion

Raymes Khoury

Sep 15, 2014, 8:43:01 PM9/15/14
to Justin TerAvest, mojo...@chromium.org, ncb...@chromium.org, peppe...@chromium.org
Hey Justin,

As mentioned on chat, that sounds sane to me :) I think it would be
useful to look at the way we bootstrap the renderer with a
handle/ServiceRegistry and do a similar thing for pepper.

Raymes

Carlos Pizano

Sep 15, 2014, 9:03:56 PM9/15/14
to Raymes Khoury, Justin TerAvest, mojo...@chromium.org, ncb...@chromium.org, peppe...@chromium.org, Viet-Trung Luu