PPP_Printing_Dev | Interface change proposal

Nikhil Bansal

Jul 30, 2014, 1:06:25 AM7/30/14
to peppe...@chromium.org, yzs...@chromium.org, vital...@chromium.org

Dear Pepper Team,

I’m contacting you regarding my proposal to change PPP_Printing_Dev interface (ppp_printing_dev.idl).

I want to support “NumCopies” print preset feature in Chromium. It allows PDF authors to specify the number of copies to be printed when print dialog is opened for file.

In order to implement this feature, I had to make changes in PPP_Printing_Dev interface, similar to “PrintScaling” feature that is already supported in Chromium.

My proposed solution is available at - https://codereview.chromium.org/375253002/

I request you to take a look at the above mentioned solution and provide feedback.

Best Regards,

Nikhil

David Michael

Jul 30, 2014, 12:16:40 PM7/30/14
to Nikhil Bansal, peppe...@chromium.org, Yuzhu Shen, vital...@chromium.org
I added some comments on the CL. I think given that:
1) This API is not on a track for stabilization
2) We don't have to support backwards compatibility
...I have no problem with the new feature. This doesn't add much maintenance burden for us.

But I definitely appreciate you e-mailing pepper-dev, thanks!