content_shell not available as target when embedded=1

gaetano...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2015, 3:19:37 AM2/19/15
to ozon...@chromium.org
Hi All,

I'm doing some experiment in building with ozone

but with embedded=1 the content_shell target isn't available

ninja -C out/Debug -j8 content_shell
ninja: Entering directory `out/Debug'
ninja: warning: multiple rules generate files/osr_test.html. builds involving this target will not be correct; continuing anyway
ninja: error: unknown target 'content_shell', did you mean 'content_child'?

with embedded=0 I'm able to build the content_shell

looking at build/common.gypi:
embedded=1 implies use_aura=1, use_ash=0, toolkit_views=0

it's correct?

what cause content_shell disappear from target list?

thanks
Gaetano

Alex Sakhartchouk

Feb 23, 2015, 1:54:07 PM2/23/15
to gaetano...@gmail.com, ozon...@chromium.org
I just tried with tip of tree and it works for me as well as the person sitting next to me.
Maybe run "gclient runhooks" again?

We have a builder using this target here http://build.chromium.org/p/chromium.fyi/builders/Ozone%20ECS%20Linux which seems to be green as well. You can look at the flags it's using by clicking on one of the builds. For example http://build.chromium.org/p/chromium.fyi/builders/Ozone%20ECS%20Linux/builds/18862/steps/gclient%20runhooks/logs/stdio

Hope this helps,

Alex

Arunprasad Rajkumar

Feb 24, 2015, 1:08:56 AM2/24/15
to gaetano...@gmail.com, ozon...@chromium.org
AFAIK, embedded=1 is applicable only for Linux based platforms. Are you trying to build it for Linux or for some other platforms?

Thanks & Regards,
Arun

gaetano...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 2:47:11 AM2/24/15
to ozon...@chromium.org, gaetano...@gmail.com
Hi All,

@Alex : yes I run gclient runhooks

@Arun : I've OS=linux in my GYP_DEFINES

I'm trying to us ozone egl implementation, it works fine for aura_demo and gl_tests

like missing content_shell, also is missing ozone_demo target

here some of my GYP_DEFINES:
clang=0 \
host_clang=0 \
use_gconf=0 \
use_gnome_keyring=0 \
enable_plugins=1 \
remove_webcore_debug_symbols=1 \
\
os_posix=1 \
use_kerberos=0 \
use_system_libxml=1 \
use_system_libxslt=1 \
use_system_libvpx=1 \
OS=linux \
\
ozone_auto_platforms=0 \
ozone_platform=egl \
ozone_platform_egl=1 \
ozone_platform_test=1 \
ozone_platform_egltest=1 \
ozone_platform_wayland=0 \
chromecast=1

note that I'm crosscompiling for arm target

Arunprasad Rajkumar

Feb 24, 2015, 3:28:07 AM2/24/15
to gaetano...@gmail.com, ozon...@chromium.org
Looks like you are enabling trying chromecast build, I doubt content_shell's presence with chromecast. You can try "cast_shell" target instead of content_shell.

Otherwise remove chromecast=1 from GYP_DEFINES and regenerate ninja files and try content_shell.

Thanks & Regards,
Arun

gaetano...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 4:43:51 AM2/24/15
to ozon...@chromium.org, gaetano...@gmail.com
Hi Arun,

without chromecast=1 and embedded=1 I'm building content_shell, it works with ozone_platform=wayland

my objective is to run content_shell with ozone_platform=egl , for this I try with embedded=1, to reduce to the minimum compile time and still able to try content_shell with ozone egl

at http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/ozone is written that content_shell support embedded=1 (Building with Ozone) but with embedded=1 content_shell isn't available for me

thanks for all the answers
Gaetano

Arunprasad Rajkumar

Feb 24, 2015, 4:50:07 AM2/24/15
to Gaetano Santoro, ozon...@chromium.org
I asked you to try without chromecast=1, not without emdedded=1 :)

export GYP_DEFINES="embedded=1 ozone_platform=egltest"
cd $CHROMIUM_DIR/src
build/gyp_chromium
ninja -C out/Release content_shell

Thanks & Regards,
Arun

gaetano...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 5:00:47 AM2/24/15
to ozon...@chromium.org, gaetano...@gmail.com
yes I know, but the original problem is that with embedded=1 I still missing content_shell target

ps: my platform is egl not egltest, I've added it in platform folder where egltest already exists

I'm building and then do some tests