Attempting to run content_shell under Ubuntu with GBM

josh...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 5:54:54 AM7/18/16
to Ozone-Dev
I'm attempting to compile content_shell as a short test to see if I can get ozone-gbm working on my Ubuntu box. Attempts at running have been halted with "eglInitalize Default failed with error EGL_NOT_INITALIZED"

I have installed DRM and mesa enabling GLESv2 and GBM support with no additional progress. I also tried some of the stuff in the (outdated) https://github.com/kalyankondapally/Chromium-OzoneGBM repo.

GN Args:
is_component_build = false
enable_nacl = false
symbol_level = 0
remove_webcore_debug_symbols = true
compile_credentials = true
compile_suid_client = true
target_os = "chromeos"
is_desktop_linux = true
ozone_platform = "gbm"
ozone_platform_gbm = true
use_ash = true
use_aura = true
use_ozone = true

Full Content Shell Logs:
https://github.com/joshgarde/aurora/files/367707/content_shell.txt

josh...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 5:58:06 AM7/18/16
to Ozone-Dev, josh...@gmail.com
The local Ubuntu box version is 16.04 but the build environment is 14.04.

josh...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 5:59:52 AM7/18/16
to Ozone-Dev, josh...@gmail.com
You can ignore the "is_desktop_linux = true" flag in the GN args, that's just a mistake.

Daniel Nicoara

Jul 18, 2016, 10:56:54 AM7/18/16
to josh...@gmail.com, Ozone-Dev
Have you stopped X11 before running content_shell?

Other than the EGL error, I haven't seen anything else in the log. Try running with "-v=2" to get more details in the log. Also, for initial bring-up, I'd recommend using "ozone_demo" since it is a much simpler application.

If you're still out of luck, have you tried running any other EGL/GBM sample applications? Look at mesa demos; they have an eglkms application that is very simple and should run. (If that doesn't run, then you probably need to look at your mesa/DRM dependencies again.)