Re: [chromium-dev] Keyboard event issue

Antonio Gomes

Nov 1, 2017, 11:10:40 AM11/1/17
to Bo, Ozone-Dev
bcc: chromium-dev
cc:ozone-dev

I imagine you have something like
https://codereview.chromium.org/2639053002/ in your tree?

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 1:58 AM, Bo Gao <bert...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've built content shell based on ozone-wayland (chromium 58.0.3063.110) and facing a weird issue where no keyboard character can be printed, but the keys like arrows, delete, enter and etc. are functional. Even ctrl+c then ctrl+v can copy paste text, but simply pressing a key doesn't work. I've tried some JavaScript keyboard test page, and it captures key down and key up events, but no text input data. Was thinking about any issue with keymap or text input, but couldn't find anything related. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
>
> --
> --

--Antonio Gomes

Bo Gao

Nov 1, 2017, 3:53:39 PM11/1/17
to Antonio Gomes, Ozone-Dev
Antonio,
Thanks for the response. Yes, the commit is in the tree.

-Bo

Antonio Gomes

Nov 3, 2017, 11:28:37 AM11/3/17
to ozon...@chromium.org
Ok. The (bottom->up) flow would be something like this:

void WaylandKeyboard::Key(..)
void WaylandConnection::DispatchUiEvent(..)
bool WaylandWindow::CanDispatchEvent(..)
bool WaylandWindow::DispatchEvent(..)
void ui::DispatchEventFromNativeUiEvent(..)
void PlatformDisplayDefault::DispatchEvent(..)

Do you see if happening upon keypresses?

-
Antonio