Bugdroid Treats Mojo Bugs As Chromium Bugs

PhistucK

Jun 8, 2016, 3:48:05 AM6/8/16
to mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
Mojo change lists should either use BUG=mojo:782, or Bugdroid should be smart about it and not add comments to (very old) Chromium issues.
:(

Should I file an issue for it?

PhistucK

Sheng Yang

Jun 8, 2016, 12:58:29 PM6/8/16
to PhistucK, mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
Mojo uses Chromium as the default issue tracker in bugdroid for a while. What's a mojo bug? https://bugs.chromium.org/p/mojo/issues/list returns 404.

Best regards,

Sheng

PhistucK

Jun 8, 2016, 1:34:34 PM6/8/16
to Sheng Yang, mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
On GitHub - domokit/mojo/issues.

PhistucK

Sheng Yang

Jun 8, 2016, 1:39:08 PM6/8/16
to PhistucK, mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
Bugdroid only updates issues on monorail. You can add mojo: prefix to prevent it from updating old chromium issues, but mojo issues on github need to be updated by something else.

Best regards,

Sheng

Viet-Trung Luu

Jun 8, 2016, 1:39:13 PM6/8/16
to PhistucK, Sheng Yang, mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 10:33 AM, PhistucK <phis...@gmail.com> wrote:
On GitHub - domokit/mojo/issues.

Correct. The mojo repo uses github for issue tracking.

Bugdroid probably shouldn't do that for commits in the mojo repo, so please do file an issue. Really, there's no reason for bugdroid to be watching the mojo repo.

(I do BUG=#123 or BUG=fixes #123, so that magic stuff will happen on github's tracker. Doing BUG=mojo:123 wouldn't be very useful.)

Sheng Yang

Jun 8, 2016, 1:43:22 PM6/8/16
to Viet-Trung Luu, PhistucK, mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
Yes if mojo issues are hosted on github, then bugdroid cannot do anything about them.

Please directly send the issue to me and I'll upload a CL to remove mojo config in bugdroid.

Best regards,

Sheng

PhistucK

Jun 8, 2016, 1:56:16 PM6/8/16
to Sheng Yang, Viet-Trung Luu, mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org

To clarify - I was not expecting Bugdroid to update the GitHub issue, just not to pollute Chromium issues.

PhistucK

Viet-Trung Luu

Jun 8, 2016, 4:55:58 PM6/8/16
to PhistucK, Sheng Yang, mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM, PhistucK <phis...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks.

To clarify - I was not expecting Bugdroid to update the GitHub issue, just not to pollute Chromium issues.

Right. As I indicated, github is smart enough to spot things of the form "#123" or "fixes #123" in commit descriptions and add links to (and close, in the latter case) issues itself (when commits are pushed, that is).

PhistucK

Jun 8, 2016, 4:59:23 PM6/8/16
to Viet-Trung Luu, Sheng Yang, mojo...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
Yes, I am familiar with that, I was clarifying for Sheng, really, since Sheng brought it up. :)

PhistucK