Is SharedBuffer primitive ready for use now?

Leon

Sep 2, 2016, 1:41:46 AM9/2/16
to mojo-dev
Is it OK to consider that SharedBuffer primitive implementation has been done and ready to use?  Thanks.

Adam Barth

Sep 2, 2016, 2:44:27 AM9/2/16
to Leon, mojo-dev
Do you mean in Chrome or in Fuchsia?  If you're asking about Chrome, you've got the wrong mojo mailing list.

Leon

Sep 2, 2016, 2:54:42 AM9/2/16
to mojo-dev, leon...@intel.com
Yeah I meant the mojo in Fuchsia. I know SharedBuffer is already in use as for mojo inside Chromium. Thanks~

Adam Barth

Sep 2, 2016, 3:05:50 AM9/2/16
to Leon, mojo-dev
Yes, it should be wired up and mostly working.  The wiring is in this file:

If you search for "sharedbuffer", you can see the implementation in terms of magenta syscalls.  There are a few TODOs in there that describe a couple details that are missing.

Adam

Leon

Sep 2, 2016, 4:31:23 AM9/2/16
to mojo-dev, leon...@intel.com
Got it and thanks a lot for kindly reply~

Sorry for another question: Is there any convenient code browsing tool for https://fuchsia.googlesource.com/mojo.git and https://fuchsia.googlesource.com/mojo/public.git? Something like Chromium code search?

Adam Barth

Sep 2, 2016, 3:45:04 PM9/2/16
to Leon, mojo-dev
Not that I'm aware of.  The easiest thing might be to check out the code to your machine and search it with ctags or something similar.

Adam

James Robinson

Sep 2, 2016, 3:55:09 PM9/2/16
to Leon, mojo-dev
GitHub provides a UI that's useful for some things, like searching: https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/mojo.  We don't have everything on fuchsia.googlesource.com mirror there currently but I think that's an oversight, we generally should.  I'll look into the repos that aren't currently mirrored.

- James