Release process for mojo repo

Adam Barth

Jul 30, 2015, 2:55:04 AM7/30/15
to mojo...@chromium.org
I've added a wiki page to document the process for release artifacts from the Mojo repo:

https://github.com/domokit/mojo/wiki/Release-process

Currently the wiki page only documents the release process for the three Dart pub packages that the Mojo repo release.  If you know how to release other artifacts from the Mojo repo, please add instructions for those artifacts.

To the extent that the release process for an artifact is not fully automated, we might want to have multiple people actually perform releases to validate that the instructions on the wiki are complete.

Adam

John Mccutchan

Jul 30, 2015, 1:11:47 PM7/30/15
to Adam Barth, mojo...@chromium.org
Hi all,

I've just released new versions of the three pub packages. The packages contain some important changes

1) The 'mojom' package is no longer a dependency and most developers won't need it. There is no need to run the mojom copy step as each individual package includes the mojom interfaces they provide.

2) Imports of .mojom.dart files should no longer reference the mojom package and instead reference the owning package. For example:

import 'package:mojom/mojo/host_resolver.mojom.dart';

becomes

import 'package:mojo_services/mojo/host_resolver.mojom.dart';

3) Any mojoms you wish to publish in Dart pacakges, you must added an annotation to the module. For example:

module mojo;

becomes

[DartPackage="mojo_services"]
module mojo;

4) Now that the mojom package is optional, dependencies on it should be dropped (unless you actually need it).

Thanks,
John

John Mccutchan

Jul 30, 2015, 1:12:38 PM7/30/15
to Adam Barth, mojo...@chromium.org
Hi Adam,

The wiki release process steps worked perfectly for me.

Thanks,
John

Adam Barth

Jul 30, 2015, 1:13:11 PM7/30/15