Guidance on conversion to Mojo

cmum...@chromium.org

May 11, 2016, 5:51:56 PM5/11/16
to mojo-dev
I am converting Indexed DB from Chrome IPC to Mojo, and am confused as to where My *.mojom and *.typemap files should be. I'm hoping to make calls directly from Blink (WebKit/Source/modules/indexeddb) into the browser process. Currently my mojom interface implementation is at content/browser/indexed_db - but I suspect that may not be the correct location.

So I'm confused as to where my *.mojom files should go? I'm 95% sure I should have only one - somewhere in content, or somewhere in Blink? I feel the *.mojo files should have project affinity with the Mojo service - so content??

Should I have two typemap files (one for the blink types, and another for the Chrome types), or only one. I suspect two.

I'm a bit adrift here, so my questions may be nonsensical. I have a CL at https://codereview.chromium.org/1963293002/ in case anybody on this list is feeling charitable.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

-Chris

Ken Rockot

May 11, 2016, 5:53:27 PM5/11/16
to Chris Mumford, chromium-mojo

+chromium-mojo -mojo-dev

Ken Rockot

May 11, 2016, 5:54:26 PM5/11/16
to Chris Mumford, chromium-mojo

+chromium-mojo -mojo-dev from the right account