mojo-dev for which repository?

Vincent Scheib

Sep 2, 2016, 4:11:49 PM9/2/16
to Adam Barth, Leon, mojo-dev
I was confused with mojo...@chromium.org not being chromium mojo.

It's Description "For discussions related to the development of src/mojo" and listing on https://www.chromium.org/developers/technical-discussion-groups didn't make this clear

I've fixed technical-discussion-groups to be clearer after digging around and finding chromium-mojo, which I've added there now as well.

Would someone with edit control on mojo-dev update it's description?

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:44 PM, Adam Barth <aba...@chromium.org> wrote:
Do you mean in Chrome or in Fuchsia?  If you're asking about Chrome, you've got the wrong mojo mailing list.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 10:41 PM Leon <leon...@intel.com> wrote:
Is it OK to consider that SharedBuffer primitive implementation has been done and ready to use?  Thanks.

Adam Barth

Sep 2, 2016, 4:16:58 PM9/2/16
to Vincent Scheib, Leon, mojo-dev
Maybe we ought to close down the list and create a new mailing list that's separate from chromium.org given that this mail list isn't about the Chromium project anymore.

Michael Francis

Oct 13, 2016, 9:49:51 PM10/13/16
to mojo-dev, sch...@chromium.org, leon...@intel.com
Are you all able to share any information on what feature parity will be between Chromium and Fuchsia repositories?

I'm closely following the progress of Dart and Flutter. They seem to be moving over to Fuchsia repositories.
For projects like mojo are we going to see a clear split in features or will they eventually have feature parity?

Adam Barth

Oct 13, 2016, 9:59:30 PM10/13/16
to Michael Francis, mojo-dev, sch...@chromium.org, leon...@intel.com
On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 6:49 PM Michael Francis <mfran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you all able to share any information on what feature parity will be between Chromium and Fuchsia repositories?

I'm closely following the progress of Dart and Flutter. They seem to be moving over to Fuchsia repositories.

Dart and Flutter both run on Fuchsia today.  Chromium does not run on Fuchsia yet.

For projects like mojo are we going to see a clear split in features or will they eventually have feature parity?

It's hard to say where things will end up.  We've been taking advantage of the fact that we control the kernel on Fuchsia to do some neat things that it isn't clear how you'd do efficient with other kernels.

At some point, we might want to get Chromium running on Fuchsia.  At that point, we'll probably need to look at where we ended up and figure out how to either unify or cleanly separate the two mojos.

Adam