Help testing the 'inert-visual-viewport' experiment

Yash

Oct 1, 2015, 10:12:34 AM10/1/15
to input-dev
Hey Guys,

I need some help testing the inert-visual-viewport experiment which basically makes the “visual viewport” non-existent to developers using scroll related methods outlined in the CSSOM View Module.

Please let me know if you see any strange bugs with fixed position elements or any unusual behavior caused by my change. Here is a doc outlining the experiment.

Thanks,
Yash

PhistucK

Oct 1, 2015, 12:25:50 PM10/1/15
to Yash, input-dev
The document is not public.

PhistucK

Yash

Oct 2, 2015, 2:02:06 PM10/2/15
to input-dev, yma...@chromium.org
Hey,

Please use this doc instead.

Sorry about that.

PhistucK

Yash

Oct 7, 2015, 10:26:38 AM10/7/15
to input-dev, yma...@chromium.org
Hey Guys,

Did anyone get a chance to play around with this flag? Did you notice anything evidently broken?

Thanks,
Yash

Alexandre Elias

Oct 7, 2015, 2:36:45 PM10/7/15
to Yash, input-dev
I played with it a bit and it seems fine, I didn't notice any breakage.  I expect it to fix a lot more than it breaks.  I'd be fine flipping the default to true.

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:26 AM, Yash <yma...@chromium.org> wrote:
Hey Guys,

Did anyone get a chance to play around with this flag? Did you notice anything evidently broken?

Thanks,
Yash

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 2:02:06 PM UTC-4, Yash wrote:
Hey,

Please use this doc instead.

Sorry about that.

On Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 12:25:50 PM UTC-4, PhistucK wrote:
The document is not public.

PhistucK

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Yash <yma...@chromium.org> wrote:
Hey Guys,

I need some help testing the inert-visual-viewport experiment which basically makes the “visual viewport” non-existent to developers using scroll related methods outlined in the CSSOM View Module.

Please let me know if you see any strange bugs with fixed position elements or any unusual behavior caused by my change. Here is a doc outlining the experiment.

Thanks,
Yash

bo...@chromium.org

Oct 7, 2015, 8:06:10 PM10/7/15
to input-dev, yma...@chromium.org
+1 to turning it on in 48. Before you do, please see http://crbug.com/433794 for some history. There's some internal tooling that broke when I tried this a while back. We should make sure we fix that first.