Existing input metrics summary, with LatencyInfo diagram

Timothy Dresser

Dec 9, 2015, 10:53:30 AM12/9/15
to input-dev, scheduler-dev, Nat Duca, benjh...@chromium.org, Brian Anderson
I've written up a document summarizing the existing input metrics.

It contains a diagram of how we use the various LatencyInfo components to construct our metrics.

Let me know if you have any feedback! I'm planning on landing the graphviz file for the latency info diagram in the tree, so that folks can update the diagram as new metrics are added.

Tim
latency_info.pdf

Rick Byers

Dec 9, 2015, 8:05:06 PM12/9/15
to Timothy Dresser, input-dev, scheduler-dev, Nat Duca, benjh...@chromium.org, Brian Anderson
This is really helpful, thanks Tim!
As we learn which of these metrics / latency components are useful in practice I also hope we can simplify things somewhat by removing the lesser-value ones.

Tim Dresser

Dec 10, 2015, 9:46:39 AM12/10/15
to Rick Byers, input-dev, scheduler-dev, Nat Duca, benjh...@chromium.org, Brian Anderson
I've already removed some of the latency components which aren't used in any relevant metrics.
I'll take a look at the latency components I excluded, and see if we can get rid of any of them.