Is there a limit of inputs in a form for autofill to remember the data when submitted?

tgir...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2015, 12:29:39 PM12/4/15
to input-dev
I have two forms that are submitted using Ajax, so I used the iframe hack to make autofill work (http://stackoverflow.com/a/29885896/1964031). Only in one of those forms it works and the only difference seems to be the amount of inputs. One has around 50, while the other has ~300.

In fact, I opened the form that isn't working, removed a lot of it's fields programmatically (using jQuery) and tried again. It worked.

Is there a certain amount of fields for which chrome's autofill stops working?

Could this be a bug?

I tried with Firefox 42 and it was able to remember the submitted values and show the autofill with the correct suggestion afterwards.

bo...@chromium.org

Jan 11, 2016, 2:04:39 PM1/11/16
to input-dev, tgir...@gmail.com, Rouslan Solomakhin

+rouslan@ who might know something about autofill (or the right people to CC).

Rouslan Solomakhin

Jan 11, 2016, 2:29:40 PM1/11/16
to bo...@chromium.org, input-dev, ma...@chromium.org, tgir...@gmail.com
+ma...@chromium.org who has been tweaking autofill lately.

Mathieu Perreault

Jan 11, 2016, 2:35:41 PM1/11/16
to Rouslan Solomakhin, bo...@chromium.org, input-dev, tgir...@gmail.com
Hi,

The limit for autofill to parse a form is 200 fields, so it makes sense it wouldn't work for 300.

Tomás Girardi

Jan 11, 2016, 3:05:58 PM1/11/16
to Mathieu Perreault, Rouslan Solomakhin, bo...@chromium.org, input-dev
It could be a good idea to consider increasing those maximums. Firefox seems to be capable of storing much more autofill data. The same tests I've been doing in Chrome and faul pass succesfully in Firefox
--
Tomás Girardi Julio
Gerente General

Ingeniero Civil Electrónico, UTFSM
Mención Computadores - Submención Gestión