input-dev OKR update

Tim Dresser

Jan 28, 2016, 8:14:28 AM1/28/16
to Chromium-dev, input-dev
The input dev-team has finalized our Q1 2016 goals - they're publicly viewable here, along with our scored Q4 2015 goals.

In Q4 of 2015, input-dev made event timestamps high resolution, enabling better performance measurement. The scroll restoration API is now spec’ed, and Mozilla has landed their implementation. We worked with the layout team to enable smooth scrolling on Windows and Linux. CSS positioning now consistently takes place relative to the layout viewport.
We also made significant progress on a variety of long term bets, including passive event listenerspointer events, rationalizing mouse input, as well as the threaded-rendering efforts, compositor-workerscroll customizationsnap points, and sticky.

In Q1 of 2016, we'll continue to push on our long term bets, and increase our efforts in reducing input latency on the web. We've also got some exciting objectives around interoperability and code health. The threaded-rendering subteam of input-dev is now doing separate goal setting, so their goals are no longer included in our OKRs.

Timothy Dresser

Jan 28, 2016, 8:15:25 AM1/28/16
to Chromium-dev, input-dev