Re: [blink-dev] Testing mouse cursor moving out of window and back

1 view

Rick Byers

Jul 30, 2016, 1:43:55 AM7/30/16
to Elliott Sprehn, Vincent Scheib, blink-dev, input-dev

Yes, eventSender should be able to send blink synthetic input of any form chromium does.  Occasionally we find some special case that's missing, but it's easy to add.

But if you need to hit input code paths in chromium too, then there's another mechanism (via the "gpuBenchmarking" extension APIs) that we're just building out now that injects synthetic input much earlier at the top of chromium.

There is, as yet, no mechanism that also hits OS input APIs (using synthetic input APIs).  So of you're saying you really need the "system cursor" to move so that you can test some OS-level interaction, then that would AFAIK be something new.

On Jul 29, 2016 11:24 PM, "Elliott Sprehn" <esp...@chromium.org> wrote:

I think eventSender can do that. Just use negative coordinates to be outside the window?

On Jul 29, 2016 8:02 PM, "Vincent Scheib" <sch...@chromium.org> wrote:
Do we have any testing infrastructure that can test mouse events (as perceived by layout tests) while the system cursor moves, moves out of the window, and then re-enters in a different location?