Multiple machines

Sparry, Icarus W

Aug 31, 2015, 7:17:19 PM8/31/15
to faft-...@chromium.org, Rapolu, Chiranjeevi

Is there any documentation on running FAFT on multiple DUT’s in parallel?

For example the magic “:lab:” argument

Have people managed to connect and use more than 2 servo boards on a given host?

We can run tests using the –args=servo_port=9998 for a single DUT, but how do we specify the servo information for multiple DUTs.

Icarus W Sparry

Oct 15, 2015, 12:27:26 PM10/15/15
to faft users, chiranjee...@intel.com
Anyone?
Also it looks as if there are options for using beaglebone single board computers as "servo hosts". Any particular model of beaglebone?

Danny Chan

Oct 15, 2015, 1:10:24 PM10/15/15
to Icarus W Sparry, faft users, chiranjee...@intel.com
You will need to use a different port for each instance and pass the board serial number to servod and test_that.

example
sudo servod  --board=$BOARD --port 7777 -p 0x5002 --serial {servo serial#}

test_that -b $BOARD $DUT_IP --args "servo_host=localhost servo_port=7777" suite:faft_bios

The -p to servod might not be needed, you can try without it.

Danny Chan

Oct 15, 2015, 1:12:55 PM10/15/15
to Icarus W Sparry, faft users, chiranjee...@intel.com
I would stay with servo v2 board.  However you can contact your google representative if you really want to use servo v3 (with beaglebone).

Icarus W Sparry

Oct 22, 2015, 8:02:19 PM10/22/15
to faft users, icarus....@intel.com
Thanks. Is running FAFT with more that one servo board connected at the same time a supported configuration?
I see conflicts due to the simplistic manner in which FAFT determines USB devices in particular (diff the output of "ls /dev/sd?" with the usb drive connected to the host and without).

From hints, it looks as if the setup I am looking for is something like

A single host running a set of tests, in this case the FAFT suite, but could be anything.
Multiple DUTs, each with a servo card and a single board computer acting as a "servo host".

The tests would then be run on the hosts on a first come first served basis, which would allow for reasonable (but not perfect) parallelism.

At the moment a run of suite:faft on a host with 2 servo boards passes on either, but fails if I run the two suites at the same time.