showkey failure

Marc Jones

Jan 28, 2015, 7:43:15 AM1/28/15
to faft-...@chromium.org
We are getting the attached failure on the showkey console command. It looks like maybe the program showkey didn't copy over. Has anyone seen a failure like this andmake a recomendation on where to start debugging?

Thanks,
Marc
test_that_results_nHS0IZ.tar.gz

Shawn N

Jan 28, 2015, 10:49:59 AM1/28/15
to Marc Jones, faft-...@chromium.org
There are known issues with certain tests on R41+ related to showkey. We're working on fixes.

For now, you can use an R40 image, or just ignore the showkey failures.

Sparry, Icarus W

Jan 28, 2015, 1:02:05 PM1/28/15
to Shawn N, faft-...@chromium.org

Do you have any guesses for when this might be fixed? Switching to an R40 image is not really an option for me.

As for ignoring the showkey failures, is it good enough have base_keyboard_checker just return True?

Shawn N

Jan 28, 2015, 1:06:25 PM1/28/15
to Sparry, Icarus W, faft-...@chromium.org
I know it's being actively worked on, and I expect a fix "soon".

For now, you can ignore failures on the following tests:

firmware_FAFTSetup.py
firmware_ECLidSwitch.py
firmware_ECPowerButton.py

Marc Jones

Feb 2, 2015, 9:20:28 PM2/2/15
to Shawn N, Sparry, Icarus W, faft-...@chromium.org
Hi Shawn,

Is there a issue number for the showkey problem?

Thanks,
Marc

Shawn N

Feb 2, 2015, 9:23:12 PM2/2/15
to Marc Jones, Sparry, Icarus W, faft-...@chromium.org
Yes, but it's internal. Sorry. I'll update once we have a resolution.

FYI, QA is waiving the ~3 related tests that fail until we have a fix.

Marc Jones

Apr 20, 2015, 5:33:39 PM4/20/15
to Shawn N, faft-...@chromium.org
Hi Shawn and team,

Is there any update on the this? We still see this with R44.
Do you expect this to be fixed in the image or changed in the tests?

Regards,
Marc

Shawn N

Apr 20, 2015, 5:41:42 PM4/20/15
to Marc Jones, faft-...@chromium.org
Sorry, it's still not fixed. I expect it will be fixed in the image, before R44 goes stable.

Chrome OS FW team members are also unhappy that this bug is still open. I expect it will be closed soon. Sorry for the delay.

Shawn N

May 28, 2015, 9:03:15 PM5/28/15
to Marc Jones, faft-...@chromium.org
I'm happy to announce that this is now fixed.