runlevel tool used in FAFT not installed in cros_sdk

Marc Jones

Apr 1, 2014, 1:48:59 PM4/1/14
to faft-...@chromium.org
I'm hitting an error in FAFT. The firmware_InvalidUSB test is trying to set a runlevel in my cros_sdk and the tools isn't installed. Does anyone know what package that might be in or how it should be installed?

A side question. Why would the test be trying to set a runlevel?

Regards,
Marc

Yusuf Mohsinally

Apr 1, 2014, 1:55:15 PM4/1/14
to Marc Jones, faft-...@chromium.org
Hi Marc,

Could you zip up the test logs directory and send it over?

Thanks,

Yusuf

Mike Loptien

Apr 1, 2014, 3:41:51 PM4/1/14
to faft-...@chromium.org, Marc Jones
I have seen the same issues.  I attached a log file for you from Clapper.

Thanks,

Mike
faft_bios_clapper_DVT_sku2_5500.79_5216.112.console

Dave Parker

Apr 2, 2014, 12:49:03 AM4/2/14
to Mike Loptien, faft-...@chromium.org, Marc Jones
Looking in

It looks like the test framework is checking that the host machine about to drive the test process isn't about to shut down.
The 'runlevel' check is in an exception block so this shouldn't be fatal.

-Dave

Yusuf Mohsinally

Apr 2, 2014, 2:18:44 PM4/2/14
to Dave Parker, Mike Loptien, faft-...@chromium.org, Marc Jones
This seems harmless. It's probably this:

It's trying to detect the current runlevel, and it doesn't matter if it fails.

I have created a bug to track this issue since it seems to be autotest related: