Unable to get Profiling Logs

Shobhit Singh

Feb 5, 2015, 3:28:54 AM2/5/15
to dmp...@chromium.org
Hi,

I used dmprof for profiling chromium on Linux desktop and it worked perfectly fine. I am able to get proper dumps.

Whereas If I use it for embedded Linux it doesn't work. All the .bucket dump files are empty. And since the buckets are empty dmprof is not able to extract the data, my guess.

Here's what I have done on both Linux Desktop (where it works fine) and on embedded Linux:

1) GYP_DEFINES='profiling=1 profiling_full_stack_frames=1 linux_dump_symbols=1 blink_disable_partition_allocator=1' build/gyp_chromium

2) Build Chromium

3) export HEAPPROFILE=/path/to/prefix
   export HEAP_PROFILE_MMAP=1
   export DEEP_HEAP_PROFILE=1
   export HEAP_PROFILE_TIME_INTERVAL=20

4) Run chrome with --no-sandbox

5) ./tools/deep_memory_profiler/dmprof json first.heap.file > RESULT.json
   ./tools/deep_memory_profiler/graph.py RESULT.json > RESULT.html

Can someone please help what is missing or what additionally I need to do.

Thanks