Re: [chromium-discuss] Can I install Chrome OS on a dell laptop Inspiron 1100

Caleb Eggensperger

Oct 13, 2011, 4:54:29 PM10/13/11
to normod...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss
[+ chromium-os-discuss, - chromium-discuss]

The group for chrome/chromium OS discussions is here:
http://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-os-discuss/topics

~~~

There's no way to install an official build of Chrome OS on
non-official hardware, and the install process for unofficial
(Chromium OS) builds is complicated (and does not include automatic
updates as well as various other niceties).

You could (a) plug in an external monitor using the supplied VGA
adapter or (b) increase font sizes/zoom levels in Settings (search for
'zoom'):

chrome://settings/search#zoom

If you'd like to try Chromium OS, there are some Dell-specific builds here:

http://linux.dell.com/files/cto/

If those don't work (they're targeted at the Dell Mini), you could try:

http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-guide