Touchpad Drivers Issue - Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Using Dell's Chromium OS April Image

Matt Johnson

Aug 4, 2013, 1:40:19 PM8/4/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Greetings all, I've got a Dell Inspiron Mini 10 running the April Chromium image from Dell.

Everything is great with it except the touchpad is odd despite my efforts. A usb mouse is needed to get a cursor on the screen, once it's there I can use the touchpad to move it but I can't left/right click. Once the cursor goes away (like when using the keyboard) the touchpad doesn't respond.

I've gone through the synaptic pad script, I've even loaded the xorg.conf.d folder from an older chromium image that I knew had a functional touchpad.

PS: The touchpad doesn't show up when looking at the settings page, the mouse does appear however.

Would anyone have any thoughts?

Irving Liaw

Sep 9, 2013, 1:19:34 AM9/9/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Having the same problem.
The touchpad simply doesn't want to work.

I had the same idea, copied the xorg.conf.d folder from an older chromium image, still no joy.

Anyone with any other wise ideas?

Isaac Alcocer

Sep 10, 2013, 3:26:30 PM9/10/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi, i already did some work on this king of topics, you should try this:

or here, this is the original idea =D..

Cheers.

PS.- this is a temporal solution.
Message has been deleted

Isky Hassan

Sep 26, 2013, 11:43:21 AM9/26/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Wrote up what I did to get the touchpad (synaptics) working on my Asus 1215B. Might work for you.

Michael Sage

Oct 11, 2013, 9:44:37 AM10/11/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi,

Did you ever get this working? I have the same issue with my mini 10v. So frustrating!

Michael

Owen

Dec 8, 2013, 6:20:55 PM12/8/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Here's what I did to get the touchpad working on my Dell Inspiron Mini 10:

Edit the 50-touchpad-dell.conf file so that the driver is "cmt" NOT "synaptics"

Hope this helps someone else that has a touchpad with buttons that don't work.

Riki Yamashita

Dec 15, 2013, 5:03:32 PM12/15/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi Owen,

Could you kindly elaborate how you edited the 50-touchpad-dell.conf file? Thanks!