rebooting the device from an app

Josh Schoof

Oct 12, 2017, 10:52:36 AM10/12/17
to Chromium OS dev
We are running a custom chrome app in kiosk mode on an AOpen Chromebase mini:

What is the proper way from within the app to reboot the device?  We're trying to set up a thing where the device reboots every night at 4 AM.

All the googling ive done thusfar has resulted in unclear solutions.

thanks!

Vincent Palatin

Oct 12, 2017, 11:17:05 AM10/12/17
to Josh Schoof, Chromium OS dev
Four public kiosk app, you need to setup the periodic reboot on the server side first in the Admin console
using the 'Scheduled Reboot' feature in the 'Power and shutdown' category of the device settings
then on the app side, answer properly the request from Chrome when it gets the signal:

Daniel Erat

Oct 13, 2017, 11:43:01 PM10/13/17
to Vincent Palatin, Josh Schoof, Chromium OS dev
Is chrome.runtime.restart also an option here?

This conversation is locked