Cros kernel version upgrade

Sumit Agrawal

Jan 16, 2017, 4:36:01 AM1/16/17
to Chromium OS dev
Hi,

Is there a way to know in advance, the tentative timeline/version about cros kernel update? (other than snooping kernel-next :))
Hoping to see an update from 4.4 to a more recent version (http://kroah.com/log/blog/2016/09/06/4-dot-9-equals-equals-next-lts-kernel/)

Regards,
Sumit

Dmitry Torokhov

Jan 17, 2017, 12:24:59 PM1/17/17
to Sumit Agrawal, Chromium OS dev
Hi Sumit,

We usually do not upgrade kernel version once platform is released so
devices shipped with 3.18 are likely to stay on 3.18 and devices
shipped with 4.4 are likely to stay with 4.4.

Thanks,
Dmitry
> --

Sumit Agrawal

Jan 17, 2017, 8:34:29 PM1/17/17
to Dmitry Torokhov, Chromium OS dev
Hi Dmitry, thanks for your reply. I play around with cros on dev boards and at times, backporting stuff from mainline kernel becomes too painful.

Regards,
Sumit
This conversation is locked