build_packages --board=arm64-generic fails

Jinhui

May 23, 2016, 5:33:31 AM5/23/16
to Chromium OS dev
Hi ,
    I want to compile chromium os for arm64 ,  so I choose board=arm64-generic on setup_board, howerver , some of the packages would fail during build_packages , such as tlsdate and autotest-tests-security , anyone could help ,please? Log of tlsdata is attached.
tlsdate.txt

Mike Frysinger

May 23, 2016, 9:19:55 AM5/23/16
to Jinhui, Chromium OS dev
arm64-generic was never "finished".  there are a number of packages known to fail because they haven't been updated for an aarch64 userspace (for various reasons).  feel free to submit patches.
-mike

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Jinhui <jinh...@intel.com> wrote:
Hi ,
    I want to compile chromium os for arm64 ,  so I choose board=arm64-generic on setup_board, howerver , some of the packages would fail during build_packages , such as tlsdate and autotest-tests-security , anyone could help ,please? Log of tlsdata is attached.

Jinhui

May 25, 2016, 5:35:22 AM5/25/16
to Chromium OS dev, jinh...@intel.com
Thanks, Mike. Now I changed to arm64-llvmpipe and build it successfully. I got chromiumos_qemu_image.bin and converted chromiumos_qemu_image.bin. But I don't know how to boot it with qemu-system-aarch64 , could you please give me some guidance?

Mike Frysinger

May 25, 2016, 9:58:31 AM5/25/16
to Jinhui, Chromium OS dev

Jinhui

May 25, 2016, 11:08:50 PM5/25/16
to Chromium OS dev, jinh...@intel.com
Thanks , I have read it. But I think it's for running x86_64 guest, right? Is there a way to let arm64 guest running Cros in qemu?

Mike Frysinger

May 26, 2016, 12:49:14 AM5/26/16
to Jinhui, Chromium OS dev
image_to_vm and cros_start_vm are not specific to x86_64.  Vincent made them work for non-native targets and i thought he landed those CLs.
-mike

Vincent Palatin

May 26, 2016, 2:14:45 PM5/26/16
to Mike Frysinger, Jinhui, Chromium OS dev
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Mike Frysinger <vap...@chromium.org> wrote:
image_to_vm and cros_start_vm are not specific to x86_64.  Vincent made them work for non-native targets and i thought he landed those CLs.

My end goal is indeed to get cros_start_vm to work properly for  arm64-llvmpipe but it's not ready yet,
the CL generating automatically the right Qemu parameters for the ARM64 VM is not fully done yet. I'm still populating the Qemu command-line manually.

Jinhui

May 26, 2016, 10:09:51 PM5/26/16
to Chromium OS dev, vap...@chromium.org, jinh...@intel.com
Thank you, Vincent. So could you please give me some advice on the Qemu parameters? I tried to boot the chromiumos_qemu_image.bin as a drive but failed.  Do I have to specify kernel and rootfs manually or  is there any other workaround to boot the image?

Sumit Agrawal

Oct 7, 2016, 12:36:16 AM10/7/16
to Chromium OS dev
I tried arm64-generic today and it seems it's still not "finished". Below are the packages that are failing:

        chromeos-base/vboot_reference-1.0-r1268
        chromeos-base/autotest-tests-security-0.0.1-r2392
        net-misc/tlsdate-0.0.5-r44
        chromeos-base/mtpd-0.0.1-r118
        chromeos-base/chromeos-chrome-55.0.2880.0_rc-r2
        chromeos-base/google-breakpad-2016.09.01.174304-r103
        sys-apps/mosys-1.2.03-r421
        sys-apps/flashrom-0.9.4-r458

Any plans to get this working? I am assuming the reasons for not updating these packages for aarch64 must be non-trivial.

Christopher Friedt

Nov 29, 2016, 11:29:58 AM11/29/16
to Chromium OS dev, jinh...@intel.com
Wish I would have seen this thread 2 days ago ;-)

Mike Frysinger

Nov 29, 2016, 12:14:19 PM11/29/16
to Christopher Friedt, Chromium OS dev, Jinhui
patches welcome ! :)
-mike

Christopher Friedt

Nov 29, 2016, 12:24:51 PM11/29/16
to Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS dev, Jinhui

On Nov 29, 2016 12:14 PM, "Mike Frysinger" <vap...@chromium.org> wrote:

> patches welcome ! :)
> -mike

Mike,

It's been some time since I've done any dev with repo (although I'm already good to go with Portage obviously).

What is the typical build / debug / push for review cycle again?

Something like
1) ./build_packages --board=arm64-generic
2) if build fails, do
repo start [arm64-generic-fix-problem-foo]
3) finish building package via
ebuild-arm64-generic
4) Commit changes via
git commit
5) Submit changes for review via
repo upload
6) Go To 1

Is there anything I'm missing?

I'm going to mess around with the Qemu build first (hopefully that builds fine), and then will likely throw together something for Pine64.

I do have a bit of a deadline for this, because it's going to Mini-Me as an Xmas gift :-)

©

Sent from my Android

Mike Frysinger

Nov 29, 2016, 1:28:35 PM11/29/16
to Christopher Friedt, Chromium OS dev, Jinhui
(2) it depends on the package ... for ones where we have the git source repo, you'll want to `cros_work-armd64-generic start <package>`, and then do `repo start <source project>`.  for other ebuilds, you'll have to do a hack/patch style like in upstream Gentoo (e.g. FILESDIR & epatch).

otherwise, that's a rough sketch of what things look like.
-mike
This conversation is locked