/etc/portage/root.conf

daniel hoggan

Aug 11, 2016, 2:00:27 PM8/11/16
to Chromium OS dev
does anyone know where I can find chromeos root.conf file or directory

Mike Frysinger

Aug 11, 2016, 2:05:57 PM8/11/16
to Chromium OS dev
there is no such config file.  it would help if you described what you actually want to do.
-mike

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 2:00 AM, daniel hoggan <nomad...@gmail.com> wrote:
does anyone know where I can find chromeos root.conf file or directory

daniel hoggan

Aug 11, 2016, 2:29:36 PM8/11/16
to Chromium OS dev
that was my mistake i meant /etc/portage/repos.conf file or directory. I want to add my own overlay to it so that it gets included in the build image when the cbuildbot looks at what repositories it is supposed to build. According to the chromium documentation, I have to create my board overlays, then I add my overlay to their build process, etc. But according to the gentoo documentation I need to add something like this to the repos.conf file. because that's their preferred method of adding overlays to the build process.

/etc/portage/repos.conf/brother-overlay.confAdding the brother overlay
[brother-overlay]
location = /usr/local/overlay/brother-overlay
sync-type = git
sync-uri = git://github.com/stefan-langenmaier/brother-overlay.git
auto-sync = yes

so could you tell me where the chromeos repos.conf file is, thanks

Mike Frysinger

Aug 11, 2016, 2:32:38 PM8/11/16
to Chromium OS dev
CrOS does not currently utilize the repos.conf framework.  we should, but we don't.

if you want to work with CrOS, you should be following the CrOS docs.  that means do what the board porting guide says to do.
-mike
This conversation is locked