Can't upgrade repo

Chirantan Ekbote

Dec 29, 2016, 6:31:29 PM12/29/16
to Chromium OS dev, Mike Frysinger
Hi,

Everytime I run 'repo sync' I see the following warnings:

info: A new version of repo is available

object 69034721e607ecbe8dad736c8ce07d91efdc8353
type commit
tag v1.12.37-cr1
tagger Mike Frysinger <vap...@chromium.org> 1476811349 -0400

Chromium-specific release

gpg: Signature made Tue 18 Oct 2016 10:22:29 AM PDT using RSA key ID 16B500A8
error: could not verify the tag 'v1.12.37-cr1'

warning: Skipped upgrade to unverified version

I've read the PSA about updating depot_tools, which I've done, and I've verified that the repo I'm using is the one from depot_tools.  This is the output of 'git show' in my depot_tools directory:

commit e9c794ea4e4d1c62729757ed20c3dffb5a877914
Author: Quinten Yearsley <qyea...@google.com>

    Make DoPresubmitChecks unit tests clearer.

I'm sure I'm just missing something stupid.  Anyone know what it is?

Prathmesh Prabhu Chromium

Dec 29, 2016, 6:52:18 PM12/29/16
to Chirantan Ekbote, Chromium OS dev, Mike Frysinger
cd $(which repo)
git pull

Prathmesh Prabhu Chromium

Dec 29, 2016, 6:54:58 PM12/29/16
to Chirantan Ekbote, Chromium OS dev, Mike Frysinger
oh oops. Didn't even read the email fully.
Scratch that. Your git hash seems recent enough.

Are you running repo sync from inside the chroot? iirc, there used to be some trouble upgrading the repo checkout from inside the chroot.

Chirantan Ekbote

Dec 29, 2016, 7:31:08 PM12/29/16
to Prathmesh Prabhu Chromium, Chromium OS dev, Mike Frysinger
Nope, I'm running it outside the chroot.

Yang

Jan 9, 2017, 11:56:33 AM1/9/17
to Chromium OS dev, ppr...@chromium.org, vap...@chromium.org
I got same error when running
repo init:

tag v1.12.37-cr1
tagger Mike Frysinger <vap...@chromium.org> 1476811349 -0400

Chromium-specific release

gpg: Signature made Tue 18 Oct 2016 05:22:29 PM UTC using RSA key ID 16B500A8

error: could not verify the tag 'v1.12.37-cr1'
By the way, there are only two public key imported to local trustdb:
gpg: key 920F5C65: public key "Repo Maintainer <re...@android.kernel.org>" imported
gpg: key 692B382C: public key "Conley Owens <cc...@android.com>" imported

Mike Frysinger

Jan 9, 2017, 12:00:53 PM1/9/17
to Yang, Chromium OS dev, Prathmesh Prabhu Chromium
i don't know why sometimes repo still complains even when it knows about the key

you could try:
cd ~/chromiumos/.repo/repo
git pull
git reset --hard v1.12.37-cr1

and then see if repo starts importing the key
-mike

wwz...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2018, 9:56:30 PM4/24/18
to Chromium OS dev, ya...@flintos.io

Hi, I also meet this question when i run 'repo  sync'. I suggest you check if your repo tool has been installed and inited. If not, you can try install it and inti it in the folder where you want to repo. I try it and it passed .

This conversation is locked