P2_TEST_FILTER gets stuck

Lutz Justen

Oct 13, 2017, 11:02:42 AM10/13/17
to Chromium OS dev
When I run a unit test with cros_workon_make, e.g.
  P2_TEST_FILTER="AuthPolicyTest.*" cros_workon_make --board=amd64-generic --test  authpolicy
the value of P2_TEST_FILTER gets stuck. If I run the command again with some other filter, e.g.
  P2_TEST_FILTER="PregPolicyEncoderTest.*" cros_workon_make --board=amd64-generic --test
it keeps running the previous AuthPolicyTest. The only way I know to reset this is to run
  cros_run_unit_tests --board=amd64-generic --packages authpolicy
but this is really slow and tedious since cros_run_unit_tests runs every test twice on failure.

This command works as expected:
  P2_TEST_FILTER="PregPolicyEncoderTest.*" FEATURES=test emerge-amd64-generic authpolicy --nodeps
but it installs the package in the end, which is a bit slower than just building it.

Is there a way to get cros_workon_make working without stuck P2_TEST_FILTER or prevent that emerge installs the package?

Thanks,

- Lutz

Mike Frysinger

Oct 13, 2017, 3:16:34 PM10/13/17
to Lutz Justen, Chromium OS dev
portage saves & restores the env between ebuild runs which is what cros_workon_make is built on top of

i think this CL should fix it for you:

Lutz Justen

Oct 17, 2017, 3:22:20 AM10/17/17
to Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS dev