How can I modify login screen?

Albert

Jul 13, 2016, 11:33:17 AM7/13/16
to Chromium OS dev

How can I modify phrase(Sign in to your Chromebook) in above screen?

I've modified another phrases in Chromium source code. And I succeeded.

But especially, above(login screen) phrase never change.

Daniel Erat

Jul 13, 2016, 7:40:42 PM7/13/16
to Albert, Chromium OS dev
What did you try? I see a string that appears likely to be that one in chrome/app/chromeos_strings.grdp. I grepped for "Sign in to your" ("Chromebook" didn't seem likely to be present in the string resource since a different message needs to be displayed on e.g. a Chromebox).

Albert

Jul 14, 2016, 2:47:03 PM7/14/16
to Chromium OS dev, g003...@gmail.com
Hi. Dan.
Thank you for rely.
You are right. But did you compile chromium? Did you success?
I saw chrome/app/chromeos_strings.grdp too, and I modified "Sign in to your" (to "Sign in to my").
But It has no effect. (likes that screencapture)
I don't know why..This is really strange.

2016년 7월 14일 목요일 오전 8시 40분 42초 UTC+9, Dan Erat 님의 말:

Daniel Erat

Jul 14, 2016, 3:35:02 PM7/14/16
to Albert, Chromium OS dev
I haven't tried to change that string.

You should be able to trace through the code to see where IDS_LOGIN_WELCOME_MESSAGE is used (looks like chrome/browser/resources/chromeos/login/saml_interstitial.html and offline_gaia.html) and then check if either of those pages corresponds to the thing you want to change.

Achuith Bhandarkar

Jul 15, 2016, 4:57:39 AM7/15/16
to Daniel Erat, Albert, Chromium OS dev
This conversation is locked