[oak] error building board

Matthias Brugger

Dec 21, 2016, 6:35:52 AM12/21/16
to Chromium OS dev
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a working system for the Acer Chromebook R13.
I'm following the steps from the developer guide [1].
When trying to build a board:
./setup_board --board=elm --default

I get the following error:
"!!! Error fetching binhost package info from 'gs://chromeos-prebuilt/host/amd64/x86-generic/paladin-R57-9107.0.0-rc2/packages/'
!!! FETCHCOMMAND_GS failed"

The full error message can be found at:
http://pastebin.com/pPZEUhG9

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matthias

[1] https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-guide

Mike Frysinger

Dec 22, 2016, 1:55:22 AM12/22/16
to Matthias Brugger, Chromium OS dev
you seem to be hitting a lot of gsutil/ssl errors.  if a retry doesn't fix it, you should check the network settings to see if your network admin is messing with your connections (like forcing everything through a broken web proxy).
-mike

Matthias Brugger

Dec 27, 2016, 5:26:49 AM12/27/16
to Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS dev
Hi Mike,

On 12/22/2016 07:54 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> you seem to be hitting a lot of gsutil/ssl errors. if a retry doesn't fix
> it, you should check the network settings to see if your network admin is
> messing with your connections (like forcing everything through a broken web
> proxy).
> -mike

I disabled the VPN connection I use and was able to make progress on
this. Thanks.

Right now I hit an error in build_board:
dev-install-0.0.1-r896: /usr/lib64/portage/bin/isolated-functions.sh:
line 195: wait: ``USE="arm board_use_elm cros-debug elibc_glibc
kernel_linux userland_GNU" emerge-elm virtual/target-os` failed': not a
pid or valid job spec

The full build log of the package can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/5hwrmX9m

Environment variables:
ACCEPT_LICENSE=*TOS
BOARD0=elm

I pasted the command line output and the "emerge --info" and "emerge
-pqv" output here:
http://pastebin.com/zBkrmU3L

Any idea what's happening?

Thanks,
Matthias

Mike Frysinger

Dec 27, 2016, 11:46:51 AM12/27/16
to Matthias Brugger, Chromium OS dev
that sounds like a flaky bug in portage.  you can just retry and see i it works.
-mike

Matthias Brugger

Dec 28, 2016, 7:27:36 AM12/28/16

On 12/27/2016 05:46 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> that sounds like a flaky bug in portage. you can just retry and see i it
> works.
> -mike

I hit this problems every time I run build_packages.

I realized that chromiumos/src/overlays/overlay-oak got updated
throughout the last days but overlay-elm did not.

I'm stuck here for several days now. Any idea how I can get this working?

Thanks,
Matthias

David Hendricks

Dec 28, 2016, 6:07:25 PM12/28/16
to Matthias Brugger, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS dev
Are you sure that ACCEPT_LICENSE=*TOS is valid syntax? I tried "export ACCEPT_LICENSE=Google-TOS" and build_image --board=elm got further.

I think ACCEPT_LICENSE=* is also supposed to work. I'm just not sure if it's smart enough to treat * as a wildcard for partial matches as in *TOS.

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chromium OS dev" group.

David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Matthias Brugger

Dec 29, 2016, 2:10:54 PM12/29/16
to David Hendricks, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS dev
Ok, I changed that to Google-TOS, I still get the very same error.

But I'm a bit puzzled about you skipping build_packages and just
directly run build_image.
I suppose I'll need to have the packages build before I can get a
working image.

Actually I get this error:
"[...]
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "virtual/target-os" for
/mnt/host/source/src/build/images/elm/R57-9123.0.2016_12_29_2008-a1/rootfs/.
[...]
An error occurred in your build so your latest output directory is invalid.
[...]"

I suppose this is due to the fact that I don't have the build_packages
process finished. Let me know if I'm wrong and I'll post the full error log.

Regards,
Matthias
>> email to chromium-os-d...@chromium.org.

Mike Frysinger

Dec 29, 2016, 3:33:05 PM12/29/16
to Matthias Brugger, David Hendricks, Chromium OS dev
yes, build_image requires build_packages to produce all the binpkgs
-mike

David Hendricks

Dec 29, 2016, 7:39:58 PM12/29/16
On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Matthias Brugger <matthi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, I changed that to Google-TOS, I still get the very same error.

But I'm a bit puzzled about you skipping build_packages and just directly run build_image.
I suppose I'll need to have the packages build before I can get a working image.

My bad - I meant to write build_packages, not build_image. And it ended up failing eventually (I was busy with something else and didn't wait long enough).

Interestingly enough media-libs/img-ddk-bin will build fine if I emerge is directly using emerge-elm media-libs/img-ddk-bin. I see in the output:
 * Generating license for media-libs/img-ddk-bin-1.6.3859696-r56 in /build/elm/tmp/portage/media-libs/img-ddk-bin-1.6.3859696-r56
16:25:58: INFO: Read licenses for media-libs/img-ddk-bin-1.6.3859696-r56: Google-TOS
16:25:58: INFO: media-libs/img-ddk-bin-1.6.3859696-r56: using stock|cust license(s) Google-TOS

However if I "emerge-elm chromeos-base/dev-install" I get the same error as you:
The following license changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.license" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by virtual/img-ddk-2-r1::chipset-mt8173
# required by virtual/opengles-2-r1::chipset-mt8173
# required by media-libs/waffle-1.6.0-r11::chromiumos
# required by virtual/target-chromium-os-test-1-r47::chromiumos[opengles,-opengl,-cros_embedded]
# required by virtual/target-os-test-1-r2::chromiumos
# required by virtual/target-os-test (argument)
>=media-libs/img-ddk-bin-1.6.3859696-r56 Google-TOS
 * ERROR: chromeos-base/dev-install-0.0.1-r896::chromiumos failed (compile phase):
 *   `USE="arm board_use_elm cros-debug elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU" emerge-elm virtual/target-os-test` failed

I tried "export ACCEPT_LICENSE=Google-TOS" and also "./setup_board --board=elm --accept_licenses=Google-TOS" before running build_packages.

So apparently the license whitelist isn't being picked when media-libs/img-ddk-bin is pulled in as a dependency of chromeos-base/dev-install.

Daniel Kurtz

Jan 5, 2017, 10:58:29 AM1/5/17
to David Hendricks, Matthias Brugger, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS dev

If you do agree to the license, you can declare that intention in a couple of ways:
  • update the make.conf file in your board's overlay and set ACCEPT_LICENSE in there
  • update the /etc/make.conf.user file in your chroot and set ACCEPT_LICENSE in there
  • `export ACCEPT_LICENSE="...some values..."` in your shell -- note that you'll have to re-export this every time you enter the chroot via `cros_sdk`
  • if you're running build_packages, use the --accept_licenses flag to pass an explicit list -- note that this flag must be included every time you run build_packages

Wild guess here, but perhaps try (not sure why this would be different than the setup_board method):
build_packages --accept_licenses=Google-TOS

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Matthias Brugger

Jan 8, 2017, 12:20:59 PM1/8/17
to Daniel Kurtz, David Hendricks, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS dev
>> - update the make.conf file in your board's overlay and set
>> ACCEPT_LICENSE in there
>>

>> - update the /etc/make.conf.user file in your chroot and set
>> ACCEPT_LICENSE in there
>>

>> - `export ACCEPT_LICENSE="...some values..."` in your shell -- note
>> that you'll have to re-export this every time you enter the chroot via
>> `cros_sdk`
>>

>> - if you're running build_packages, use the --accept_licenses flag to
>> pass an explicit list -- note that this flag must be included every time
>> you run build_packages
>>

> Wild guess here, but perhaps try (not sure why this would be different than
> the setup_board method):
> build_packages --accept_licenses=Google-TOS

I tried today:
./build_packages --accept_licenses=Google-TOS --board=elm
which worked. So I suppose that the export method does not get
propagated properly to build_packages.

Thanks for the hint,
Matthias
This conversation is locked